It's that time of year, where everything about going back to school is on everyone's minds. From buying school supplies, to buying clothes, and moving out of your parents' homes to moving into your new dorm or apartment--this is a very exciting, but stressful time of the year. It is also very bittersweet because there's usually one of two feelings running through your head at this time: One: you're very excited to see friends again or move into your new dorm or two: you're hating the idea of homework and papers and deadlines once again.
If you're in college and living at school like I am, you have to pack up your stuff, buy (some) new stuff, and say bye to your friends once again before you go move into your new dorm or apartment. I'm currently less than a week away from moving back, and I feel like my life is so unorganized from everything I have yet to do.
This post is here to help prepare for going back to school! At first I was originally going to just write about everything going through my head, but most people feel the way I do when thinking about moving back to school or going back to school. Here are a few back to school tips to prep for before going back:
- Lists, lists, lists! Lists are how I keep my life organized! Right now I have lists of things to do, things to buy for my dorm room, and even things I need for this blog! Whenever I come up with something new or need something new, I just add it to my list and keep it near me so I can always add or cross things off as they happen.
- Use Pinterest for inspiration! I've been obsessed with looking through Pinterest for design and organization inspiration for my desk and dorm room. There are so many cute and (sometimes) cheap ideas for crafts and other things to decorate your room! I'm making a list of things I need to recreate some of it [: Follow my Pinterest for some inspiration and ideas of your own!
- Go Thrifting: As I have mentioned before, thrift shopping is a great way, not only to buy cheap clothes, but to buy cheap furniture and other items as well! And you don't have to use things in the condition they're in. You can always repaint or reuse it for something else! For tips on thrifting, here's my previous post about it!
- Keep, Store, Throw out: If you've been in college for more than a year, chances are you've realized that there are some things that you use more than others (and other things you don't use at all). When looking through your things, have three piles: keep, store, and throw out (or donate). Your keep pile will be everything you'll take back, the store pile will be for things to keep at home, and the throw out pile is for everything you don't need. That way, you won't have too many things in your tiny dorm room or apartment. If you'll be a freshman in college, you could always do this for cleaning out your room! This will make your room less cluttered when you come back home from school! (Your mom will also thank you, haha.)
- Take your time. The last thing you want to do is rush packing, only to find out you left all your underwear at home! This tip is especially important if you live a few hours away or out of state from your school. Another tip that goes well with this one is to double-check everything before you leave. This can also help if you're a forgetful person like I am (making a list would help make this part easier too!).
There you have it! These are my tips for a transition back to school that should be as smooth as possible. If you have any tips that I may have missed, please let me know in the comments below! I hope you have fun getting ready for school [:
Chau for now! ♥