With Valentine's Day coming up soon, I figured I'd talk a little bit about Darell, my boyfriend. I've talked about him a few times on this blog, but it's usually a mention here and there or referencing him when I'm writing relationship posts based on my experiences.
I figure that Valentine's Day is a great way to remind yourself of why you love and care about that person you're with. It's also the perfect time to express how you feel about them. So today is dedicated to Darell.
|He'll probably hate me for posting this picture, but I don't care. [:|
What I love About Darell:
1. He makes me laugh. We have a weird humor when we're together. It's a little weird and it's really random.
2. We are different. While Darell says it's a negative at times, I definitely see this more as a positive thing. We have widely different interests, but yet somehow we're able to make it work and it makes things fun when we each do something that the other one loves.
4. His faith is amazing. I've known Darell since right before he came to Christ, and watching his faith grow over the years has been such a blessing for me to see it up close and personal. His love for Jesus is so admirable, and it is definitely my favorite quality of his.
5. He is honest with me. Darell still has trouble with relaying his message in a way that isn't rude at times, but I know he means well. I love that we can both be honest with each other, even though it sometimes hurts.
6. When he is vulnerable, I think it is one of the most beautiful things. He hates when I bring it up because he doesn't like people knowing that he has deeper thoughts. Shhh. Haha. No, but seriously I love listening to him talk during these moments because it's not something that happens often.
7. His passions and quirks are so adorable to watch! He's passionate about film and has weird quirks about him when it comes to things like books, celebrity crushes, and videogames. I love when he gets excited about these kinds of things because it brings out a childlike spirit in him that I love!
|He introduced me to LOTR and is such a hardcore gamer, as you can see|
I could keep going on about the many things that I love about Darell, but I'll stop things right there. With our fourth Valentine's Day together coming up, I like reflecting on what I love about him. I don't have very high expectations of what we may do together this year (if anything), but I'll save our stories of Valentine's Days' past for my next post!